- Understand the difference between weather and climate
- Learn how to read a weather report – understand different pictographs used in weather report Analyze a 7-day weather report
- Make a rain gauge – an instrument to measure the amount of rainfall in a region
- Find climatic conditions of a region based on weather reports
- Play the adaptation game to know how animals adapt to specific climatic conditions
Rainy with a hail of Science!
We all know about weather – how its temperature increases and decreases as seasons change, and of its various representations on different scales. We understand the concept of climate – the specific temperature or weather over a certain regional area – but what is the difference between weather and climate? How is a weather report read? How does one determine climactic conditions? As concepts crucial to their Science curriculum, your 7th grader deserves to know!
With Butterfly Fields’ Weather, Climate and Adaptations kit, your child will soon learn of the numerous above concepts, and even more, with practical experiments, interactive games, and experiential learning!
This hands-on project consists of the following:
- With the first activity, your child will learn the difference between weather and climate
- The second activity will teach your child how to read a weather report, and how to understand the different pictographs used in weather report
- The third activity will teach your child how to analyze a 7-day weather report
- Your child will soon learn how to find climactic conditions of a region based on the analysis of the weather reports.
- The fourth activity consists of the material to create a Do-It-Yourself Rain gauge, an instrument that can be used to measure the amount of rainfall in a region.
- Finally, your child will an interactive ‘Adaptation’ game, to understand how various animals of different eras in time, adapted to their specific climatic conditions!
With our project, your 7th grader will soon grasp the concept of weather, climate and living-being adaptations to the same, in an unforgettable, fun and equally curriculum-focused fashion!